RE: Stuck on a Term

Subject: RE: Stuck on a Term
From: Louis de Carteret <LdeCarteret -at- Fusion-Systems -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 15:19:24 +0100

This reminds me of a logic "OR" gate in electronics where one or other (or
both) inputs require a logic state of "1" for the output to have a logic
state of "1" You could call this an OR field and explain the principle in a
footnote.

<<My mind is drawing a blank. I need help with a term.

There are two fields (DAYTIME TELEPHONE and E-MAIL ADDRESS) and at least
one of those fields must be completed. The user may decide which field to
complete. The fields are not required fields, they are ___________
fields. Conditional? Dependent? Co-dependent? (grasping at straws) >>