Odd FM/PDF behaviour

Subject: Odd FM/PDF behaviour
From: Damien Braniff <dbraniff -at- iss-dsp -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 08:14:25 +0100

Hopefully this is a simple question for the FM/PDF gurus out there.
We've recently acquired FM as we're producing some quite large
databooks. Been playing with FM and I'm just back from a course so I
feel reasonably confident in using it though, no doubt, there's still a
lot of things to learn.

Anyway to my problem: The book being produced contains some equations
and for some reason when the pdf is created it loses the SUM symbol
(sigma). Thought it might be a font problem but other characters
(alpha, pi etc) are created fine. For speed with the draft version I've
simply been saving as PDF but when I tried Distiller I got an undefined
error with no pdf created. I've used our own PS driver (HP Laser4+) and
the default PS driver supplied with FM but to no avail.

Any advice/help would be most appreciated.

Damien
--
Damien Braniff
Technical Author