Anthropologists in the midst...

Subject: Anthropologists in the midst...
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 12:21:29 -0700

Oh, do we ever have similar status. People in the village are happy to have
one but no one really knows why we are there or what we are doing. We don't
know anything useful (to the natives) but seem excited about everything.
Everything. Anything.

Nothing more humbling than eating a meal with a family and have them
laughing out loud at how you eat. So much so that they are wiping their
eyes. And they won't tell you what you are doing that is so very funny. You
check and seem to be using the same or similar table manners as they are...
All you can do is crack up as well. It is funny. (Probably just because I
was a 6 foot tall, skinny, pale skin, golden eyed, blond haired woman eating
their food at their table. They were all 5 feet tall with dark hair and dark
eyes. Sufficient to provoke laughter on its own. Talk about feeling alien.)

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org

----- Original Message ----- | We even have the same status as
anthropologists (which, at