RE: Robohelp and Frame?

Subject: RE: Robohelp and Frame?
From: "Scudder, Beth" <beth -dot- scudder -at- retek -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 14:04:53 -0500

Maggie Secara [msecara -at- Cayenta -dot- com] asked: can you / do you use
Frame with Robohelp?

I asked something like this a while ago - see "Framemaker vs. Pagemaker vs
Word" in the archives.
In fact, you were one of my respondents, Maggie!
In brief, the relevant info I got from others was:
* From Renee L. LaPlume [rlaplume -at- flexstornet -dot- com]:
Can't answer [whether other programs than Word will work with RoboHelp), but
I do know that Quadralay WebWorks can be used with FrameMaker in a similar
manner to how RoboHELP is used with Word.
* From Melanie Shook [mshook -at- com2001 -dot- com]:
As far as I know, RoboHelp only works with Word, so you may be stuck. Unless
you were to move to another whole set of tools. RoboHelp is pretty
expensive. The cost of Frame + mif2go/WWP would probably be similar, and you
wouldn't need DreamWeaver, because you could use Frame + mif2go/WWP to
create WinHelp, HTML, PDF, and print.
* From Katie Kearns [kkearns -at- cisco -dot- com]:
RoboHelp works with Framemaker + Webworks. It takes a little doing, but I'd
say it's worth it. My department uses both to make online help, and the
Frame + Webworks to single-source print and online help.
* From LMOR - Larry Morrow [LMOR -at- sbt -dot- com]:
See http://www.omsys.com/dcl/mif2go.htm. MIF2GO is another single-source
option, a competitor to Quadralay WebWorks, that takes FrameMaker source
files (saved as MIF files) and converts to HTML, RTF or WinHELP. Also check
out http://www.omsys.com/dcl/samples.htm
<http://www.omsys.com/dcl/samples.htm> .

Good luck!

--Beth Scudder