RE: Robohelp and Frame?

Subject: RE: Robohelp and Frame?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 14:56:12 -0400

Yes, you can use FrameMaker with RoboHelp. Indeed, many do. I used to.
However, it's not a seamless path. RoboHelp is a bunch of MS Word macros and
sits atop Word. Thus, you either need to get your Word/RoboHelp files into
FrameMaker or your FrameMaker files into Word/RobpHelp. I used RTF for this,
though FrameMaker has a Word97 filter and Blueberry's Filtrix might be the
long-term solution (http://www.filtrix.com).

I no longer use RoboHelp, I dumped it more than a year ago in favor of
Quadralay's WebWorks Publisher (soon to be WWP Professional version 6), see
http://www.quadralay.com. After the initial configuration, creating online
help from FrameMaker is click-button easy (one or two clicks, anyway) in
WWP.

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com