Re: Stalking the wiley tech writer

Subject: Re: Stalking the wiley tech writer
From: "Elna Tymes" <etymes -at- lts -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 14:55:25 -0700

"krupp, marguerite" wrote:

> Hmmm, sort of "Soul of a New Manual," by Watta Kidder! (OK, it helps to have
> been at Data General in the 80s.) And by the way, wasn't that Agent 83?

In one of these weird twists of fate, it turns out that there already IS a book
coming out before long about real-life experiences of tech writers, and one of
the chapters has a title something like "A Day in the Life of a Tech Writer." (I
know - I wrote that particular chapter.) And to make matters even more
interesting, I believe the publishers is Wiley. Or Wesley. Or something like
that.

The authors are apparently a couple of instructors in a tech writing program at
a college in the East - I forget where - but they read this board from time to
time. I hope they'll come forward and give us all the actual name of the book
and publisher.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems