Re: Conditional text a whole book file??

Subject: Re: Conditional text a whole book file??
From: Smharney -at- ra -dot- rockwell -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 14:31:48 -0500

Why don't you just make 2 book files (using the same source docs)? One
book file can have the slave section, and the other one without. Then, when
you want to use either version, you just regenerate the book, and print.
This way you are using the exact same source docs (which keeps revisions
simple) but don't have to rework anything, either.

Sharon

So I've been asked if it is possible to conditionally text a whole book
file, rather than just specific text in it - I said no, that is not
possible, but I thought I would ask around, just in case. I thought I would
probably have to make two versions of the manual, one with the file and one
without, but of course that makes it interesting to update in the future -
twice as much work!