Re: What's a girl to do?

Subject: Re: What's a girl to do?
From: "Sella Rush" <sellar -at- mail -dot- apptechsys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 15:07:34 -0700

Personally, I agreed with whoever advised you to ask the marketing person if
they really want honest feedback, and then if so, to give it to them.

A couple of points:

(1) If passive is a standard style choice, then there's not much point in
trying to change this document to go against it.

(2) What's the normal procedure for readmes--are they usually written by
marketing? Does a tech writer usually provide review/input? Is this a
newbie (even if an NEC bigwig) who needs to know how things are done? A
couple of opportunities here--if a tech writer isn't usually involved, this
might be an overture you could make use of. Or maybe there's another
marketing person who does really good readmes and could provide some
guidance.

Sella Rush
mailto:sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com
Applied Technical Systems (ATS)