RE: What's a girl to do?

Subject: RE: What's a girl to do?
From: Chuck Martin <CMartin -at- serena -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 13:39:26 -0700

I would send my manager alone the rant (as I have done before.

Then I would probably respond (to all, so that all the other managers get
copies), that the text is not "OK." I probably wouldn't be specific, but
rather generic, saying that editing needed to be done, and giving an
estimate of the time needed to do that editing. Emphasize that you need to
make sure that the message is clear and consistent, and that the style
matches the rest of the documentation and collateral.

Then let the people involved draw their own conclusions.

--
"I don't entirely understand it but it is true: Highly skilled carpenters
don't get insulted when told they are not architects, but highly skilled

Chuck Martin, Sr. Technical Writer
cmartin -at- serena -dot- com

are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.