RE: TOOLS: MS Word numbering frustration

Subject: RE: TOOLS: MS Word numbering frustration
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "Becca Price" <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 08:12:06 -0700

Becca Price wrote:

| I'm using Word 97-sr2 on Windows NT. I've just been
| given a new document template to use ... and it uses
| automatic numbering for the Steps style. The trouble
| is, the autonumbering continues from the previous
| list. When I select Format: Bullets and Numbering and
| check "start at 1", the numbering restarts, but I lose
| my indentations. yeah, I can fix it, but it's a pain.
|
| Does anyone know how to use the autonumbering feature
| so that this doesn't happen? I normally avoid it just
| for this reason.

Don't use autonumbering. It doesn't work. Use SEQ fields instead. Detailed
instructions are available on our Web site at http://www.knopf.com/tips.htm.

HTH ...

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415.550.8367
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

Certified RoboHELP Instructor & Consultant
RoboHELP Community Advisory Board
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer