Re: Political Correctness (Was Re: Master/Slave)

Subject: Re: Political Correctness (Was Re: Master/Slave)
From: Stephen Martin <stpats -at- storm -dot- ca>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 09:01:30 -0400

"Carnall, Jane" wrote:

> OTOH, I find members of this list dismissing other TWs thoughts on the
> subject as "alleged" highly offensive.

Having been reading through this entire thread in one go, I find your
comment entirely self-serving and nonsensical.

Nowhere have I seen anybody "dismiss" anyone else's thoughts on the
subject. As is the (subjectively?) normal course of *any* discussion,
each party has stated their thoughts on the matter, and some people have
seen fit to explain why their viewpoint is correct. Since the
alternative to this form of discussion would appear to be mass
acceptance of (enslavement to?) anything another person says, I think
I'll root for the side of independent thought.

Whether you agree or not, we're all entitled to hold and voice our
opinions on any given subject.