Boxes for Code, Screens?

Subject: Boxes for Code, Screens?
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- marvin -dot- eng -dot- sun -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 10:30:24 -0700 (PDT)

We are currently engaged in a discussion at Sun about
whether to put boxes around code examples or screen input/
output listings. Opinions vary as to whether programmers
or system administrators like or expect boxes, or
whether just using an alternate font and indenting
is enough of an indicator.

Could you write and let me know how your company
treats these items and how you distinguish them
from surrounding text?

I'll summarize to the list.

Thanks!

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with
janice -dot- gelb -at- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | this message is the return address.
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8018/index.html

In this world, it rains on the Just and the Unjust...
but the Unjust have the Just's umbrella.