RE: Sink or swim (was illusion of control)

Subject: RE: Sink or swim (was illusion of control)
From: "MacDonald, Stephen" <Stephen -dot- MacDonald -at- Aspect -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 09:15:02 -0400

John Posada wrote:

> One last thing before I leave for vacation...I'd freak if I
> found out that my peers went to my boss without me without
> coming to me first.

The problem here is with management not with the peer. Management which
puts a person in a role for which they are not prepared or experienced
without consulting the other folks in the group are, to put it plainly,
screwing up the works. They are creating a huge risk for the project and
the department's morale.

The point here is that you go to management about management not about the
peer.

Steve MacDonald
Aspect Telecommunications, Inc.