Single Sourcing Survey

Subject: Single Sourcing Survey
From: Stephen Benney <s_benney -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 03:36:40 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to thank all those to send replies to my
survey on single sourcing techniques. I plan to
include these results in a Master's dissetation on
Technical Writing which will be submitted at the end
of this year. I would be happy to foward a copy of the
findings in a report, to anyone who is interested,
once my research is complete.

If you missed my previous email an would still like to
take part, I have included a copy of the questionaire
below:

If you use single source production methods to
generate on-line help and user guides (or other
documents) from a single document or database, could
you please answer the following:

1) Please state your name and job title.

2) What documents do you single source?

3) What software tools do you use to generate and
process the documents?

4) What production method do you use:
a) convert paper documents to on-line.
b) convert on-line to paper.
c) generate both on-line and paper documents from a
database or master document.

5) Does the process work successfully?

6) What problems have you encountered?

Thank you for your help

Stephen Benney

Please CC all replies to s_benney -at- yahoo -dot- com

http://im.yahoo.com/