Re: loggerheads

Subject: Re: loggerheads
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 05:16:19 -0700 (PDT)

--- Edwin Skau <eddy_skau -at- mailcity -dot- com> wrote:
> Yo!
>
> Your inputs will help a worthy cause and allow me to have peace during
> lunchtime. We had a little dispute over which of the following terms was the
> right one. I will not influence your opinion by telling you the right one
> (:->)
>

> Login to
> Login at
> Log in to
> Log in at
> Login into
> Login onto
> Log in onto
> Logon at
> Log on to
> Log on at
> Logon into
> Logon onto
> Log on onto
>

> Yo! Login unto!!

Well, Ed seems to be getting the week off to a rolicking start.

In keeping with a long tradition of contrariness, I would say that I wouldn't
use any of those, though of course context is everything. For what it's worth,
I would probably use "Log into."

Of course, Ed's email suggests that his "right answer" is buried within this
list, so I must be wrong, too. <g>

=====
Tom Murrell
Senior Technical Writer