RE: Employee experience dilemma....

Subject: RE: Employee experience dilemma....
From: "Guy A. McDonald" <guy -at- nstci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 14:52:28 -0500

A cursory review of this thread did not yield my first question.

__Can the company afford to invest in the new writer?__

I love how most respondents jumped on the "Yah, give her a chance ... do
right by her and mentor her" bandwagon. Great stuff and a commendable
attitude. However, there are situations where this is not practical.
Consulting agencies staffed with hired guns, start-up companies, pre-IPOs in
trouble, etc. come to my mind as fair examples where overcoming steep slopes
on a learning curve may not be practical.

Guy McDonald
guy -at- nstci -dot- com