RE: Employee experience dilemma....

Subject: RE: Employee experience dilemma....
From: Darriel Dawne <ddawne -at- infowave -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 10:36:54 -0700

The first technical writing job I had was as a co-op student.

Our group resolved many of the issues you've sighted by having a 1 hour team
meeting every day in which we peer reviewed and edited a section of an
in-work manual. Everyone, not just the junior writers went through this. We
were given a section a day or two before, did a quick edit. We brought our
comments to the meeting. The group then came to a conscientious on suggested
changes.

These meetings helped to firmly establish writing conventions and style in
my mind. As a result our suite of manuals became more seamless.

Brief group meetings help everyone. Perhaps Lisa's input will help improve
the writing in your group!