RE: TW Trade Schools..Do U?

Subject: RE: TW Trade Schools..Do U?
From: Stephen Arrants <sarrants -at- roidirect -dot- com>
To: "'Johnny Brown'" <johnny_brown -at- hotbot -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 13:25:57 -0700

Johnny Brown [mailto:johnny_brown -at- hotbot -dot- com] writes:
> Does anyone out there hire candidates that have attended TW
> Trade Schools? That is, those that train wide-eyed students
> and in about 4-6 weeks, then sends them merily on their way
> with a shiny new certificate in their hands after paying a
> vulgar amount of money, and convinces them that they are now
> a full-fledged writer?

Nope. Twice bitten, twice shy. There's one of these "schools" here in the
SF Bay area. I've not had good luck on two occasions with contracting
writers who got their certificate. Anecdotal evidence from other writing
managers in the area seem to show the same results.

steve arrants

Stephen Arrants
Manager of Technical Communications
ROI Direct.com