Re: Employee experience dilemma....

Subject: Re: Employee experience dilemma....
From: "Sandy Harris" <sharris -at- dkl -dot- com>
To: Atticus Fisher <Atticus_Fisher -at- pciwiz -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 11:37:38 -0400

Atticus Fisher wrote:

> ... Lisa is young, probably no more than 23, with no technical writing
> experience. ...

> Lisa should have be given "junior writer" status and should *never* have
> been handed such a large responsibility . ...
>
> ... My co-worker and I feel that we need to discuss this issue with our
> manager, ...

Why with the manager, rather than with Lisa? I'd be quite upset if someone who
thought there were problems with my work went to management before talking to
me.

Have you given her feedback and suggestions on the docs you saw? How did she
respond to that? Why did you revise them, rather than giving her pointers?

> Are we being jealous, petty, and difficult, or do you guys believe
> we have legitimate concerns?

It's impossible to tell at this distance, hearing only one version of the story.