Re: Specs, requirements, and other docs - creating a cross-referenced library

Subject: Re: Specs, requirements, and other docs - creating a cross-referenced library
From: "Dan Roberts" <droberts63 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 07:21:48 -0400

Hi Folks,
I've been tasked with a similar search, but I've got slightly different
requirements. We don't need a serious, high-power version-control kind of
software that tightly controls the check-in/check-out process, nor a high degree
of cross-referencing between documents.

I'm looking for a tool that provides for PDF access via a browser, perhaps with
a plug-in (preferably not), that can give low-level end users (sales reps,
mostly) an easy way to access sales, product, and licensing information
(mips/cpu ratings, license agreements, manuals, tech notes, and the like). We
need cheap and easy. Products like Rational Rose are way too high-powered, as
are things like FileOpenPDF. So far, the products from DocMaestro are looking
pretty good, as does Net-IT. Maybe even Adobe Catalog might do the trick (not
sure yet how labor-intensive it is for the content provider, nor whether it
easily allows web access).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dan