Re: Help! Framemaker vs. Quark

Subject: Re: Help! Framemaker vs. Quark
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, <kittenbreath -at- hotbot -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 14:01:07 -0400

Quark is totally inappropriate for technical doc. It will drive you bonkers. It is designed, like PageMaker, for graphics-intensive idiosyncratic layouts (that is, every page different), not for lengthy documents. Even for an eight-page brochure, it is like wrestling with an alligator just to do booklet imposition inside the program. My advice: fuhgeddaboudit.

From: "S" <kittenbreath -at- hotbot -dot- com>