Questions about TW Resumes

Subject: Questions about TW Resumes
From: Sona Mehta <sona -dot- mehta -at- haysmt -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 18:47:25 +0100

Hi Folks
My friend is carrying out a survey on the importance of resumes in
different professions and knowing you all I offered to help her.

This is for all of you who consider candidates for different tech
writing positions (or infact anyone who wants to help). What do you
generally expect to see in a techwriter's resume (apart from experience
of course)?. Does a CV create an impression even before you meet the
person? Here I am talking about the format, layout, information present
in the CV etc and not the *content* as such. I personally feel that a
TW's resume can be considered as a sample of his/her written skills.
What do you think?

I am also interested in knowing if a CV can be used to describe the kind
of job you are looking for ( doing actual writing or managing TW teams
etc) . Could you point out to some sites specifically for writing TW
resumes?.

As you can see, answers to these questions will benefit me too. Who
knows I might end up reformatting my CV. Any volunteers for providing
samples?

PS I don't have 24 hr access to the net and my friend is facing a dead
line so I could not check the archive before i posted this.

TIA
Sona