re Error msg wording

Subject: re Error msg wording
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <markl -at- gilian -dot- com>
To: TechWr-L <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 13:21:21 +0200

Lisa posts a not-quite-right error message. Let me see if I can
verbalize the possible points of confusion.

"Someone is already logged in with the user name 'lisa'. You cannot have
more than one active session."

** I can't? But you didn't say it was me, you said it was "someone."
You mean that in some sense I "have" the session even if someone
else
initiated it and is controlling it?

"If the application quit unexpectedly, your session may still be running
on the server. Contact your system administrator. Otherwise, your
ApplicationName window is minimized on the taskbar or hidden behind
another
open window."

** Does "otherwise" introduce an alternative to contacting my
system administrator, or does it tell what's happening if
my session isn't still running, or does it tell what's happening
if the application didn't quit unexpectedly?

Mark L. Levinson - nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il