Summary of French Translation resources

Subject: Summary of French Translation resources
From: Darriel Dawne <ddawne -at- infowave -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 09:31:46 -0700

Thanks to everyone who responded. The following summary includes some
comments from the original authors (sorry for not crediting everyone by
name) on where to find quick and dirty translation tools:

This first item received three recommendations, but when I tried to use it,
I could not access the site.

* A very good resource is the EuroDicAtom. You can reach it at WWW.pl.
<http://eurodic.ip.lu/cgi-bin/edicbin/EuroDic<a href=>"
target="_new">http://eurodic.ip.lu/cgi-bin/edicbin/EuroDic";
target=_newWWW.pl. <http://WWW.pl.</a> . The nice thing about this online
dictionary is that these technical terms come in various categories.

* I really liked this site. It is not a complete dictionary, but has
only in Internet terms, which in my case was all I needed. French/English
dictionary of Internet terms. http://homer.span.ch/~spaw3355/index.html

* Dictionnaire encyclopédique bilingue de la micro-informatique
Microsoft Press ISBN 2-84082-170-2

* www.babylon.com. It is easy to use. It includes a lot of technical
terms.

* Online dictionaries and translators:
http://rivendel.com/~ric/resources/dictionary.html

* AltaVista Translations:
http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/cgi-bin/translate

* Online English to French to English dictionary:
http://www.freedict.com/onldict/fre.html

* travlang's Translating Dictionary: http://dictionaries.travlang.com/

* Government of Canada; Trilingual Internet Glossary:
http://www.translationbureau.gc.ca/down-e.htm