Attaching Templates to Word Documents

Subject: Attaching Templates to Word Documents
From: "Lingle, Stan" <SLingle -at- outreachtech -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 11:54:48 -0400

I have a problem with attaching a template to a Word document. I received a
Word document from Engineering, which has its own styles. When I attach our
template to the Word document, and click the Automatically Update Styles
checkbox, most of the styles are converted properly. However, the Bullet
paragraph style changes to a numbered list. If I create a new file from the
template and insert the existing file, the Bullet style is not affected.
Any ideas on what causes the difference between attaching the template and
importing the file? Are there any known bugs with attaching a template, or
is this related the galleries for bullets and lists?
Thanks,
Stan Lingle <mailto:slingle -at- outreachtech -dot- com>
Senior Technical Writer
OutReach Technologies
9101 Guilford Road, Columbia, MD 21046
410-724-3766