Re: APPLY FOR THE JOB? (Was: Misguided Love)

Subject: Re: APPLY FOR THE JOB? (Was: Misguided Love)
From: skwpt <skwpt -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: v2cdisrc -at- us -dot- ibm -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 05:45:29 -0700 (PDT)

> Would you apply for the position or not?

If I felt I was, otherwise, a potential good fit for
the job---only lacking the 3 years experience with
Adobesoft---I would definitely apply for the job. My
experience and writing skills are my foundation; my
tools are... well, TOOLS! Obviously some are more
complex than others, but I can certainly learn in
minimum time (and on my *own* time---not the company's
unless you can convince them to send you to training!)

My current job that I began this past fall required 2
years of Viso, but that didn't stop me from applying
(even though I didn't have a clue what Viso was until
I researched).

I was honest in my interview, and I got the job
anyway, because the hiring managers understood that
learning new tools is all a part of a technical writer
staying current.

http://im.yahoo.com/