Re: Misguided Love

Subject: Re: Misguided Love
From: "Kat Nagel" <kat_nagel -at- rte -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 07:58:58 -0400

----- Original Message -----
Andrew Plato writes:
> A true professional can produce beauty from any tool.
> Only incompetent people
> blame their tools for their inability to excel. What you use to
produce a
> document should be irrelevant. The content is what matters.

I never blame the tool for content, and rarely for the appearance of
the document.
Heck, I produced my first user manual using the line editor on a
PDP-11, and consider it a work of art. But it took me *weeks* to
get that 120p sucker written, accurately xreffed/TOCed/indexed, and
looking attractive enough for people to give it a second glance.
For THAT, I blame the tool.

Kat Nagel
Artful Docster
Kat_Nagel -at- rte -dot- com