Writing good bug descriptions

Subject: Writing good bug descriptions
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: techwr-l digest recipients <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 15:49:52 -0700

Jon Herrera <jonherrera -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote;

>I've been assigned to write some guidelines/tips for
>software engineers so that they can write good bug
>descriptions.

Jon:

Have a look at and around:

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/

This is the website for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution. It is
by far the most through description of how to write a bug report
that I have seen.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
"The Open Road" column, Maximum Linux

"Reading is the drinking of strange wine."
- Harlan Ellison, "Revealed At Last! Why the Dinosaurs Died (And
You Don't
Look So Healthy Yourself)"