Re: Get Offended

Subject: Re: Get Offended
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 11:46:15 -0500

> I am inclined to write such things and sometimes take flack for it from folk
> who consider either the bluntness or the levity 'unprofessional'. I consider
> anyone who thinks that clueless.
>
> What do the rest of you think?

I thought there was a summary of previous discussions on the techwr-l site, but I
can't find it now. Anyway, IIRC, the consensus was (a) know your audience, and (b) be
sure you really *are* as funny as you think you are, because offensive or
just-not-funny humor is much much worse than no humor at all. Or maybe I just thought
that was the consensus because that's my opinion. ;-)

Tracy
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc
Give a hoot... read a book