RE: help with Frame/WebWorks

Subject: RE: help with Frame/WebWorks
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "Mandy Wells" <mwells -at- valadeo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 13:38:52 -0700

Mandy Wells wrote:

| So here are my questions:
| * Would I be better off to update the Frame files and then create a whole
| new help file, or should I update them separately by cutting and pasting
| into existing topics and creating new topics only as needed?

With WebWorks Publisher, you make all the changes to your content in
FrameMaker. You do not need to change any of the HTML files manually. Nor do
you need to change the .h file manually. All this is handled automatically
during conversion.

| * WebWorks doesn?t seem to generate the aliases or ID?s like I
| was thinking
| (hoping ) it would. How are these usually created, other than my
| method of
| opening the .h file as text and typing stuff in?
| * reading WebWorks help files, it doesn?t produce the Microsoft
| HTML Help; I
| ?m thinking this is where using the HTML Workshop came in. Is

I think you are using WebWorks Publisher Standard Edition (the one that's
bundled with FrameMaker 6). In order to produce Microsoft HTML Help using
WWP, you will have to upgrade to WebWorks Publisher Professional. Only the
Professional version supports output to HTML Help.

HTH ...

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415.550.8367
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

Certified RoboHELP Instructor & Consultant
RoboHELP Community Advisory Board
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer