Re: Get Offended

Subject: Re: Get Offended
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "Alan D. Miller" <"Alan D. Miller"@educate.com>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 11:52:54 -0500

That could start a new new thread...what is truth.

From what I have observed, truth is what we perceive. Have ten people witness the
EXACT same event, ask them about it, and you will get ten different accounts, some
of them VERY different. We see and hear though our sometimes preconceived notions.
Ever hear the saying, "None so blind as those who will not see?"

Years ago, right after she retired from a company where she'd spent 20 years as the
receptionist/telephone operator, my mother began doing volunteer work. One day
while doing her volunteer stint, she answered the phone and her tongue went into
automatic pilot mode: "Good afternoon, <name of company where she'd worked those
20-odd years>." The person on the other end of the phone expected to hear the name
of the charity and heard exactly that. Never noticed the phone had been answered
wrong.

Jo Byrd