Poor user analysis and o-rings was RE: The Quick and the Bad

Subject: Poor user analysis and o-rings was RE: The Quick and the Bad
From: SusanH -at- cardsetc -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:22:36 +1000

I read recently that the issue of the shuttle disaster was less a question
of what caused the problem physically, and more the fact that the engineers
who wrote the report on the problem did not stop to think what they wanted
the reader to do with the information. As a result, the readers never saw
the implications of what was being reported.

Perhaps reporting without pointing out the implications is another word for
'coverup' but at least it emphasises key writing responsibilities:
1. we have got to focus on how the information we develop will be used
2. our product has to enable the reader to process the information for that
use

Susan Harkus

Cards etc will be on stand 1161 at CardTech SecurTech in Miami
from 2nd May to 4th May. Look forward to seeing you there!
This e-mail is from Cards Etc Pty Ltd (ACN: 069 533 302). It may contain
privileged and confidential information. It is intended for the named
recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail or by phone on +61 2 9212 7773 & delete this
e-mail from your system.