RE: lone writer and Source Safe

Subject: RE: lone writer and Source Safe
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:52:10 -0400

At 06:17 AM 04/27/2000 , Alison Tartt wrote:
>I'm the lone writer...No one will be making
>changes to my material except me ...A
>couple of members of the development
>team want me to work through Visual
>Source Safe, which is on Server B ...

Unless I'm missing something, Visual Source Safe won't be necessary since
you are the only person modifying these particular files.

Source Safe is invaluable for developers working on the same project. (The
alternative, as I recall all too vividly from the days before such tools
became available, is to have developers overwriting each other's code.)
However, I've never heard of using it when only one person is working on a
project or particular stand-alone aspect of the project.

"Scottie"
(The Scottish Terrier Lover)