RE: Trying to flee the country

Subject: RE: Trying to flee the country
From: aehlert -at- pria -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:01:59 -0400

In Canada, you enter the 62.5% when you enter the highest tax bracket.
Unfortunately, this begins at $55K (depending on the province).Here, you don't
need a seven figure income to require one of those off shore tax shelters.

But please, come up north and share the tax burden. The smog in Toronto (now 6
million strong during the day... 1.5 million perform the stagnant commute in
daily) is just lovely this time of year. And can I interest you in a -40 degree
six month winter? Hey! that's in celcius don't you know.

> Canada is a great place to work.... if you don't mind the 62.5%
income tax rate
> and another 15% tax on anything you buy. Can you believe the tax
on alcohol
> is 80%? Now that's just nasty!

Jeez! Where the hell are you living?! And how did you manage to
get into a 62.5% tax bracket as a technical writer? What, you have a seven
figure income or somethig?!

Carter Campbell