RE: creating icons

Subject: RE: creating icons
From: Daniel Hall <misterhall -at- prodigy -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:18:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Marianne:

You can do this yourself. Convert the image to 16 colors at 32 x 32 pixels
(I think :) ), it may be 64x64, (but I only have this info at home) and save
as WHATEVER.ICO. Then try to assign this as the icon for a shortcut on your
machine. If it works, you're in business.

Windows icon resource files (ico) are basically Windows bmp files at this
(16 color, 32x32 res.) setting, with the ico extention.

Let me know (off list) if this doesn't work, as there are some free programs
out there for converting images from one color-depth/resoluction to another.

HTH

Dan Hall
danhall -at- consultant -dot- com