Re: Dreamweaver guide

Subject: Re: Dreamweaver guide
From: Sandra Law <sandra -at- qmaster -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:56:08 -0600

Lee Tesdell wrote:

> I am planning to buy a Dreamweaver guide (for both MAC and Windows) in the
> next few days. Can anyone on the list offer advice on which one is best?
>
> Here are Amazon.com's top three sellers with prices:
>
> Dreamweaver 3 Bible by Joseph W. Lowery (Paperback - April 2000)
> Our Price: $31.99
> Dreamweaver 3 for Dummies (--For Dummies) by Janine Warner (Paperback -
> April 2000)
> Our Price: $17.49
> Dreamweaver 3 Hands-On Training by Lynda Weinman (Paperback )
> Our Price: $31.99

I find Lynda Weinman's books to be quite helpful (specifically, Designing Web
Graphics.3), and quite focused on the needs of users. I recently purchased the
Dreamweaver book, although I did learn to use Dreamweaver (including use of
rollovers, and incorporation of java) on my own. I have referred to the book a
few times (site management issues) and expect to continue doing so. She
provides, as she advertises, "hands-on" training, through examples that users
can work through. The utility of the book might decrease as you become more
expert. For me, Weinmann's credibility is based on her own use of these
products, and her impressive ability to communicate what she knows to the less
experienced. She provides a breakdown of the TOC and a description of other
features of the book at this URL:

http://www.lynda.com/products/books/dw2hot/

I don't know anything about the other two books, but would be interested to
learn of the experience of fellow list members.

Sandra Law