Re: don't think everyone doesn't make mistakes?

Subject: Re: don't think everyone doesn't make mistakes?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Susan Kirsch <susan -at- virtualcyber -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:36:58 -0700 (PDT)

That's what I was refering to. OTOH, take it as a small
lesson...

1) It's not a catastrophy when it does happen, so don't loose
sleep over the little things. Try to produce correct material,
but sometimes, less_than_perfect_but_useful/on schedule is
better than perfect/late. This was something the Microsoft was
good at...get it in the hands before the competition and fix it
later. Unfortunatly, they competed TOO strongly.

2) Make sure you don't put anything in your documentation that
you wouldn't want to see the light of day. We've all heard the
horror stories of those who put really nasty comments in hidden
text or previous versions, then was surprised when customer
turned on hidden text or displayed revision tracking. What if
the comment had been something less politicaly correct than what
it was.

--- Susan Kirsch <susan -at- virtualcyber -dot- com> wrote:
> That's not what I saw.
>
> There's an editorial comment about one of the graphics still
> in the
> document. You know, one of those little things they tried to
comm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

http://invites.yahoo.com