RE: Screen Fonts Messed Up

Subject: RE: Screen Fonts Messed Up
From: "Nancy Kaminski" <nancykam -at- mediaone -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:00:10 -0500

Thanks to all who offered suggestions on fixing my screen font problem I've
solved it -- but it was a solution no one came up with.

Apparently my new CPU has a graphics accelerator card built in, called a
Rage Pro Turbo AGP. It ups the resolution so much that older, non-32 bit
Type 1 fonts appear jagged and distorted.

The solution was to decrease the number of colors displayed from millions to
256. That 'dumbed down" the display enough so the fonts now appear normal
again.

Hope that helps the other people who said they have the same problem!

Nancy Kaminski
nancykam -at- mediaone -dot- net