Re: PDF Linking Software

Subject: Re: PDF Linking Software
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 07:40:58 -0700

Roger Bell asked:

Dick Margulis wrote:

> Get Acrobat 4.05 and use the PDF Maker button...

As far as I know, PDFMaker won't translate the page numbers in your Word-generated index into links in the PDF file. A tool that *will* is Sonar Bookends Activate, from Virginia Systems.

This pony is *very* good at its one trick, and it beats the heck out of doing the same thing by hand.

As for the page numbers in the TOC, PDFMaker should do that for you easily.

However, I don't know of a tool that will translate the *text* of the TOC and index entries into links. (For an index entry, that could be extremely difficult--if the index entry has multiple page numbers, which one should the link go to?)

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 3, still the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

Now including options for HTML Help and JavaHelp indexes, too!