Re: Look upon this, and despair!

Subject: Re: Look upon this, and despair!
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:31:53 -0500

That was my first thought when reading the quoted phrases, that English is not
this person's native language. I have noticed that people who come areas with an
entirely different language family often have problems with English syntax, much
more so than those who come from European countries where we at least have a
common language family.

Those of us who grow up speaking English, internalizing all the grammar rules
and idiosyncrasies, tend to forget what a complex language we speak.

Jo Byrd