Re: Look upon this, and despair!

Subject: Re: Look upon this, and despair!
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 06:48:15 -0700 (PDT)

Arlen...I'm missing your point.

> The mainstay of the web is words; words are the main

That's not correct. The web is communication in any form. That
includes tables, frames, sound (doesn't have to be music, could
be spoken instruction,maybe a recording playback of a company
shareholder's meeting).

Also, the web isn't words...it's instruction, information, or
entertainment in any form, and for a web page designer,
instructions might include how to add sound to a web page.

Having a tough day?

> communication medium
> of this site, even. And yet:
>
> "How to create TABLE"
>
> "We always love to hear your comment."
>
> "You'll know to create borderless frame...."
>
> "...add sound into your web pages."
>
> "...automatically load a visitor to another web page."
>
> The above was culled from the visible portion of the first
> page, no
> scrolling necessary. And there's more of the same. The worst
> part is the
> site is fairly useful as a source of web design information.
> If you can get
> past the semi-literate writing, that is.

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

http://invites.yahoo.com