Word: Pagination Question

Subject: Word: Pagination Question
From: "Elizabeth Sprague" <esprague -at- kemperinsurance -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:21:58 -0500

Hi kids:

I'm running Word97 on NT. Am experiencing a persistent pagination problem with
documents of varying length which are sent to me for editing and design by
authors who are running an the same version and platform:

Namely: page X of Y pagination in the footer appears to be stable when applied
from either the toolbar or Insert | Page numbers but, upon opening the document
after saving and closing, will appear in a fifteen page document, for example,
as Page 1 of 1, page 2 of 1... repeating as Page 2 of 1 for several pages.
Pagination then falls into consistency - but the numbers are still wrong in
actuality - by about page 10.

I've tried Insert | Page numbers | format | page numbering. I've tried using
Insert Auto text in the Header/Footer. I've tried putting in the page numbers
manually. Nothing has prevented the problem from reappearing when the documents
are opened after saving and closing.

Ideas? (Heavy weapons are not an option for at least another few months.)

Thanks in advance and feel free to reply direct.