RE: Query: Top Ten Things you wish you'd Known...

Subject: RE: Query: Top Ten Things you wish you'd Known...
From: "rpl" <rpl -at- iexplain -dot- com>
To: "Peter Shea \(USF\)" <pshea2 -at- luna -dot- cas -dot- usf -dot- edu>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 22:12:38 -0700

I wish I'd have known better how to fully exploit the ripple-effect caused
by SME's choosing to do things like:

"Hey, let's set up this DAU so that you can only read the resultant data
stream in hyper-terminal, no need for a sissy user-interface that interprets
the data stream graphically."

and

"Hey, why don't we set up these different-colored flashing LED's to mean
transmit, receive, logging, transferring data, and not label any of them."

and

"Okay, now that our tech-writer is finished documenting "the beta version"
let's change everything around so that the different-colored flashing LED's
mean something completely different in the next iteration."

Now I know better. Long live the SME's' incessant need to improve stuff. It
is my bread and butter.