Re: How do you spell this?

Subject: Re: How do you spell this?
From: "Lee Tesdell" <ltesdell -at- eai -dot- com>
To: "Linda Michaels" <linda1210 -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:06:53 -0500

Main Entry: dou·ble en·ten·dre
Pronunciation: 'düb-&l-än-'tänd(-r&); 'd&-b&l-än-'tänd(-r&)
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural double entendres /same also -'tänz; -'tän-dr&z/
Etymology: obsolete French, literally, double meaning
Date: 1673
1 : ambiguity of meaning arising from language that lends itself to more
than one interpretation
2 : a word or expression capable of two interpretations with one usually
risqué