RE: Tools: PageMaker?

Subject: RE: Tools: PageMaker?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'Hart, Geoff'" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 09:48:33 -0400

Hallo:

That's all there is to officially know, as far as I can tell. PageMaker 6.5
has, actually, had the "Plus" upgrade, whatever that is. I didn't bother
with it. Adobe tells us that InDesign is for professional users and
PageMaker for businesses. Thus, Adobe tells us the products do not compete
with each other.

Personally, if I were a regular PageMaker user, I'd be planning the switch
to InDesign. I cannot believe that these products do not compete with each
other, for market share, development resources, marketing resources, etc.,
and it is clear which of the two is getting the lion's share of attention
from Adobe.

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com