RE: usability & expandability of (paper) manual for cust. serv. staff

Subject: RE: usability & expandability of (paper) manual for cust. serv. staff
From: "Justin Cascio" <justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 00:52:34 -0400

The manual I'm working on right now is going to be like this, except it's
expected that the clients will maintain and update the manual. I'm glad you
brought this up, because I hadn't given this enough thought.

On the fly, here are some suggestions:

Put the date on every page in the footer

Whenever you issue new pages for the manual, include a top page that has the
following information for the current and several previous updates:

Date of the update
Pages 2-3 replaced with pages 2-3c
Pages 4j and 8a added

Justin Cascio
Pro-Logic & Adjustable Choke
Outsource Documentation and Online Help
Phone: (727) 217-9496
Fax: (801) 217-1117
justin -at- plandac -dot- com <mailto:justin -at- plandac -dot- com>
http://www.plandac.com