Re: A Question for Newbies and Intermediate Writers

Subject: Re: A Question for Newbies and Intermediate Writers
From: Christi <christi -at- sageinst -dot- COM>
To: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- fmr -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, Sheldon Kohn <Sheldon -dot- Kohn -at- onlineinsight -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:38:41 -0700

on 4/19/00 7:12 AM, Giordano, Connie at Connie -dot- Giordano -at- fmr -dot- com wrote:
> If there is an existing version of the product, spend as much time as
> possible using it, breaking it, and questioning it. Work with any QA staff
> to reviewing reported defects and requested enhancements.
> Connie Giordano

I definitely agree with Connie's recommendation that the newbie work with
the software, if it exists.

One other thing is... If the newbie is not familiar with the technology you
use, see if there is some training classes (external or internal) that would
help.

Christi Carew
Technical Writer

christi -at- sageinst -dot- com
p. 831-761-6565
f. 831-761-2452

Sage Instruments
240 Airport Blvd.
Freedom, CA 95019
www.sageinst.com

You may be on the right track, but if you just sit there, you're bound to
get run over.