Out-of-print Software Dealers?

Subject: Out-of-print Software Dealers?
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <george -at- ghayhoe -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 00:33:06 -0400

This may seem slightly off-topic, but I've encountered this problem
twice in the last few months in the course of my tech comm work.

Are there software equivalents to out-of-print book dealers? In the
realm of the printed word, there are folks who will find a copy of
just about any book you could want. Is it possible to buy old
technology too? Say you need a copy of Microsoft Word version 3.0 for
DOS. How would you go about finding a source from which to purchase
it?

Please note: I'm not looking for a copy of Word 3.0; I am looking for
sources for a variety of "out-of-print" software.

--George Hayhoe (george -at- ghayhoe -dot- com)

George Hayhoe Associates
Voice: +1 (803) 642-2156
Fax: +1 (803) 642-9325
http://www.ghayhoe.com

Winner
APEX '99 Grand Award for Publication Excellence