How many have this problem at work?

Subject: How many have this problem at work?
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:25:32 -0700 (PDT)

<snip>
>my boss does not want me to receive any more messages
from outside
>the company. please stop sending me messages/take me
off the list,
>when i get a personal account, i'll let you know.

I'm wondering if the above policy is common. I
certainly find lists,
and this list in particular extremely helpful. I
wouldn't work for a
company that put this this kind of a lid on internet
use.
<snip>

My former employer used to ask us to limit the number
of mailing lists to the bare minimum. I think the
reason for this was to reduce bandwidth as much as
possible (they requested we digest what lists we're on
if possible). We had some people (who were talked to
by management) who had stock tickers and real audio
streams going all day. Once these folks were dealt
with, we had less of a restriction on e-mail lists.

If you have a limited size pipe, you have to restrict
how much is being forced down that pipe, else you have
a problem. Connectivity for business purposes is top
priority.

I didn't like it, but I had to deal with it. Perhaps
this person's company is experiencing a similar
problem.

Just my observations...

http://invites.yahoo.com