How did you learn HTML Help?

Subject: How did you learn HTML Help?
From: John Wilcox <jwilcox -at- tcsi -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, STC Lone Writer SIG <stclwrsig-l -at- stc -dot- org>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:11:56 -0700

We're moving our help system to HTML Help. This is for a Solaris application,
and the help will be generated from FrameMaker files, using WebWorks Publisher.
I need to learn how to design and implement such a system. The only book I
found through Amazon on the topic is the one that comes with the Microsoft HTML
Help Workshop. It's over two years old, plus we won't be using MS HHW, so I
don't know that the book would be all that relevant. So, for those of you who
have done HTML Help systems, how did you learn? The above book? Another book?
A class? Or did you just wing it? I'd appreciate so much any input?

--
Regards,

John Wilcox - Senior Technical Writer, TCSI Corp., Bothell, Washington USA
Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of. -- Geri Weizman